Call Me!

You can reach me on my Skype phone number anytime...it's just like calling me in NC! (828) 398-0878

Monday, November 8, 2010

Abuela (Grandma)

I met Magola through a friend here and we immediately hit it off.  Magola is very high-spirited and kind.  She loves music, cooking and learning new recipes.  She insisted I visit her in her awesome old-school kitchen to learn to cook like "Paisas"-- people from this state.  I have been over several times and on my most recent visit we baked my standard vegan chocolate chip cookies with a banana base.  She likes to make me a big lunch that always leaves me stuffed.  Here you can see her veggie-n-rice stuffed peppers, plantain soup, salad from goodies in her garden, home-made fruit tea (strawberry and pineapple), and an "arepa de chocolo"-- a corn-based pancake that is very common in Colombian cuisine.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun way to experience the local's life. It's great to make contacts like that.

    ReplyDelete