Call Me!

You can reach me on my Skype phone number anytime...it's just like calling me in NC! (828) 398-0878

Monday, March 21, 2011

My Students

These are some of my 6th grade Math students.  I have 70 6th graders, 70 7th graders, and 70 8th graders.  They are in groups of 35 (so much for "Montessori," right?).  I spend 6 academic hours (45 mins each) with 6th graders, 2 hrs with 7th graders, and 1 hour per week with 8th grade.  I still don't know the 8th graders names!  I also spend an hour a week doing a creative movement/intro gymnastics class for the 6 yr. olds here...the highlight of my week!
Our school year follows the calendar year, Jan - Dec.  The students will be off for a week in April, the month of June, a week in October then ~7 weeks between December and January.  I have travel plans worked into these breaks.  My parents will be here for Spring Break, we will go to a southern Colonial town; in June I will be in Ecuador with my sister and friends; I hope to be on the Caribbean Coast in October and Peru in December.  Always planning the next trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment